Tuesday, July 26, 2016

A Week With Best Birds and Birds & Blooms Post 4

Howdy All!
I am back with 2 more cards I created using the Best Birds stamp set and inspiration from the Stampin' Up! annual catalog. So far I have used the "You Can Make It" feature to make a card, then I changed it by using different color combos, and then I Stepped it Up by adding different elements. When I get my new catalog, I go through it not only to pick what stamp sets I want, but also I mark individual cards that I like. I had this one card that I have been wanting to make, but I do not own the stamp set that was used on it. You can check it out on page 133 of the current annual catalog. The first thing that caught my eye about this card is that it is a masculine card. I never have enough guy card ideas and I love the simplicity of the layout. I wasn't sure I could pull off a masculine card with the Best Birds stamp set, but I was willing to give it a try. Here is my first attempt:


For my card, I used watercoloring but not in the same way that SU! did. Again, I wanted this to be an easier card so I just did a quick three-color watercolor background. Then I just stamped the image and sentiment right over the top. I made another one using some different colors and I changed which way the branch was facing. Oh, and I changed where I wrapped the linen thread. Man, I love linen thread for masculine cards! It's the perfect way to embellish a card without making it 'girly.'


 I am trying to figure out which one I like better. I am not sure, how about you? And I definitely think I pulled off the manly card using this stamp set!


Here is my supply list:

Stamps: Best Birds
Paper: Card 1: Crumb Cake, Dapper Denim, Watercolor Paper. Card 2: Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento ,Card 1: Dapper Denim, Bermuda Bay, Wild Wasabi  Card 2: Dapper Denim, Bermuda Bay, Pear Pizzazz
The Rest: Linen Thread, Aqua Painters

That's all for now! Thanks a bunch for stoppin' by and I hope to see you again soon! Up next: Where else do I find inspiration?

Hugs,

No comments: