Monday, November 9, 2009

MOJO112 Thinking of You

Good afternoon,
Well, it's Monday, again! One of my fave days cuz I get to play along with the Mojo Monday sketch challenge! My post have been a little sparse this past week, but I am working on some card sets for gifts and I don't want to post until I have completed each set. They will be coming I promise. So, I do have a card for this week's Mojo Monday #112.

I needed to make a sympathy card today, and it is for someone who is very dear to me. I wanted it to be extra pretty and special. I really like this sketch because I could let the soft designer paper express my feelings with a simple sentiment as the focal point.
Here is the recipe:

Stamps
  • Thoughts & Prayers (Stampin' Up)

Paper

  • Chocolate chip, Old olive, Whisper white (Stampin' Up)
  • Infuse designer paper (Basic Grey)

Ink

  • Close to Cocoa, Old olive, Regal rose (Stampin' Up)

Accessories

  • Nestibilities dies (Spellbinders)
  • Crop-a-dile (We are Memory Keepers)
  • large eyelet (We are Memory Keepers)
  • satin ribbon (Michaels)
  • Dew Drops (The Robin's Nest)
  • dimensionals (Stampin' Up)
  • Cuttlebug (Provo Craft)

I used the Old Olive and Regal Rose ink to sponge around my sentiment. The rest is pretty straight forward. I really like how this turned out even though I hate it when I need to make a sympathy card.

I am half way done with my first 2 sets of cards, so look for the pics soon! Thanks a bunch for stoppin' by!

6 comments:

Tracey Parrott said...

I love the softness of your colors and beautiful ribbon. So pretty!

Unknown said...

I have to agree I love the softness of your card along with
the colors you chose. great job.

Linda

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is gorgeous! Love your dp!

Robyn said...

This is so my style. I love it! I love the colors and paper. Great job!

Michelle said...

Simply gorgeous! Love everything about it.

Denise Clark said...

Great take on the challenge! Love the soft, caring colors!