Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A Week With Best Birds and Birds & Blooms Post 5

Howdy All!
I am going to keep it moving with my week long challenge. While the Stampin' Up! annual catalog proves to be an incredible source for ideas and inspiration, I often find myself looking for something new and different. This is when I will turn to one or more of the many paper crafting challenge blogs. I have a list of about 2 dozen such blogs that I will visit on a weekly basis. I even have entered cards for consideration as a 'winner.' The ones I like to participate in most are the Sketch Challenges and the Color Challenges. But you can find challenges that include inspiration photos, specific themes or the inclusion of a certain tool or embellishment. Just look at my sidebar to the right to see some of my favorite blogs.
A couple of weeks ago I created this card to enter in the HSS Sketch Challenge #241 and was one of their Artist Picks! They even gave me a badge to display on my blog to show I was a winner. Check it out here and here.


You can see my Blog post here that gives the details for my card.


This next card I created for a Color Challenge over at the Colour Q Blog. As often happens with me, I will get the card finished and then forget to blog about it and upload and enter it into the challenge. lol.

The colors I used that were for the challenge were Blushing Bride, So Saffron, Old Olive, Pool Party and Whisper White.


I really like how it turned out, and even though I didn't get it entered into the challenge it will get sent to somebody special who will appreciate my effort!

Well, that's all I have for now. Thanks a bunch for stoppin' by and I hope to see you back again soon!

Hugs,

No comments: