Friday, July 29, 2016

A week With Best Birds and Birds & Blooms Post 7

Howdy All!
I am still playing around with the Stampin' Up! Best Birds stamp set and Birds & Blooms die bundle. I am having so much fun watercoloring the adorable birds, branch and flowers. For this first card I stamped all of my images with the Basic Black Archival ink onto Shimmery White cardstock. I water colored the images using an aqua painter. I could not get a good photo, but the shimmer shines through the color and is so pretty! If you click on the 2nd photo and zoom in, you can kind of see the shimmer.

Anywho, it's a pretty basic layout, which is my go to style. I really like a clean, crisp card! Oh, and I just love that gold metallic thread. It is so delicate and pretty! Such a great accent! My colors are Blishing Bride, Watermelon Wonder, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Pool Party and Crushed curry.


My second card also has a simple, clean and crisp layout. Instead of coloring this little guy in, I decide to sponge a background for him. I just cut out a circle from the Layering Circle Framelits and placed it where I wanted it and then sponged around it in Soft Sky ink. It is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink. My colors used are Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi and Very Vanilla. I used the Woodgrain Embossing folder to add some extra texture and of course some Linen Thread. Another great masculine card.


Well, that's all for now. I have one more project to show you in my next post. Thanks a bunch for stoppin' by and I hope to see you again soon.

Hugs,

No comments: