Monday, July 25, 2016

A Week With Best Birds and Birds & Blooms Post 2

Howdy All!
Here I am with my 2nd post of the week.
after finishing my 2 cards that I copied from page 53 of the 2016-2017 Stampin' up! annual catalog I decided to continue my creative process using this card.


I wanted to see what it would look like using a different color combo. I flipped through the catalog and the cards on page 143 caught my eye. Again, they were part of a "You Can Make It" so there was no guessing at what the colors used were. Here is my card using Pear Pizzazz, Bermuda Bay and Melon Mambo. I love it!


I wanted to try it in one more color combo, so this time I turned to the pages in the catalog that have the Designer Series Papers. I will often go here to find color combos that I know will work great because Stampin' Up! has done all the hard work for me! I chose the colors from the Playful Palette Designer Series Paper Stack on page 174 to work with. Here is my card using Blushing Bride, Sweet Sugarplum, Peekaboo Peach and Very Vanilla. I really like how it turned out!


So, there you have it! I love how each card looks different. There are so many options when selecting colors this way.

For my next post I will take this same card and show you how to 'Step It Up' by adding a few more elements to create something new while still keeping the same basic layout and colors. Fun!

Well, that is all for now. Thanks a bunch for stoppin' by! See you back again soon!

Hugs,

No comments: