Thursday, July 28, 2016

A Week With Best Birds and Birds & Blooms Post 6

Howdy All!
Wow! I can't believe I am on my 6th post featuring this awesome bundle. After looking at all the cards I have made so far, I decided I needed to see if I could create a kids card. I really wanted to see how versatile this bundle could be.  I have used this card idea for many years and I thought the birds and branch were perfect for coloring. You can buy crayons super cheap right now and make up several cards that are ready to go. This could even go to someone who is an adult and just enjoys coloring, right? I decided not to stamp a sentiment on the front and will instead add it to the inside when I know to whom it is going and for what occasion.


I thought I would have a second attempt at a kids card by using some primary colors. I found this fun layout at Pals Paper Arts, sketch #310.


I stamped the background using the cute little flower stamp and layered all of those circles using the Layering Circle Framelits.

One thing that I like about using these colors is that the card works well for boys or girls!


Here are my supply list:
Card 1:
Stamps: Best Birds
Paper: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Tuxedo Black Momento
The Rest: Basic Black Solid Baker's Twine, 1/8" circle Punch, 3 different colored Crayons

Card 2:
Stamps: Best Birds
Paper and Ink Colors: Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy, Whisper White
The Rest: Layering Circle Framelits, Birds & Blooms Thinlits

Whew, that's all that I have for you for now! Thanks a bunch for stoppin' by and I hope to see you again soon!

Hugs,

1 comment:

Terri said...

3 more great cards Sandy!! Love your creativity. :)