Friday, October 9, 2009

PPA11 and LSC241



Good afternoon! My card for today is the result of 2 challenges. This week's Pals Paper Arts challenge and SCS's weekly Limited Supply challenge. The PPA challenge #11 was a color challenge and we were to incorporate Perfect Plum, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie into our card design. I loved all the the design team's samples and just had to contribute myself. This is my first time actually uploading a card for PPA and I hope it is a worthy entry. For this week's Limited supply challenge we were to get back to basics and create a fall themed card using only paper, stamps and ink. (NO embellishments like ribbon, buttons or brads-yikes!) So, I went to work with both challenges in mind and I am pleased with my result.
Here is the recipe:

Stamps: Autumn Harvest, Sweet Centers (Stampin' Up!)

Paper: Perfect Plum, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Confetti White, Basic Black, Cast-a-Spell DSP (Stampin' Up!)

Ink: Basic Black, Markers (Stampin' Up!)

Tools: circle, scallop circle punches (Stampin' Up!), Top Note Die (Stampin' Up!), Big Shot ( Stampin' Up!/Sizzix), Cuttle Bug Folder (Provo Craft)

The pumpkin and leave images were stamped onto the dsp and then cut out using paper snips. I also used dimensionals to give my card a little depth. Thanks a bunch for stoppin' by!

5 comments:

Margaret Moody said...

I love your card, Sandra! I think you did a wonderful job combining the two challenges! Love your jack-o-lantern! Great job!

Anne Beale Yancey said...

Great card, I love the lay-up! TFS

Tara Bilbao said...

I love how you combined the challenges. The fact that you created such a lovely card without "bling " is amazing. I would never have noticed you created it without accessories had you not posted it in your comments. Great card!

Pals Paper Arts said...

On behalf of the design team, thank you for playing @ PPA.

Join us for our next challenge on Thursday, October 15, 2009.

Jer Christoffersen said...

Very Cute! I like how you did the black framing and the half scallop on the bottom.The colors look great!