Sunday, February 1, 2015

My iw1.21.15 Journal Page

Howdy All!
So, I finally finished my 2nd Inspiration Wednesday journal pages. Yay! This one took me a few days to complete because I needed some dry time between layers.
To start things off, I made my own stamped tissue paper. Super fun and easy and look how great it turned out.

Here is what I had after 2 days and a few different layers. When I added the 2,3 and 7 number stickers I realized that is my birthday (March 27) so I added the 6 & 5 for my birth year.

I added a definition of Birthday, and ripped up a copy of a photo from when I was 1 year old. See if you can find my face. I love that I have writing on some of the photo pieces from my mom too. Added some extra heavy gesso to add interest and texture.

Some more glazing to 'dirty things up' and my "brown hole' tag with the date of the lesson. I wasn't sure if I wanted to date the actual date that I finished my pages or the date of the lesson, but for reference purposes I went with the lesson date.

The final touch is some ink splatters.

Here is a close up of the finished pages. I love everything about it!  

I would love to hear what you think. If you are interested in learning about art journaling, check out what Donna Downey has to offer! 

Thanks a bunch for stoppin' by! See you again soon!

Hugs, 
Sandy






1 comment:

Grenae Thompson said...

Very nice! Love the tissue paper you created also. Will definitely be making some for future projects. Love IW!