Thursday, January 15, 2009

Working on Some Cards for January Birthdays


Good morning, oops it's now afternoon by 4 mins! My mission today is to get all of my January birthday cards finished. Thankfully all of these birthdays are at the end of the month. The first one I completed was an easy one for my father-in-law and I combined 2 challenges from my fave site SplitCoastStampers. I used today's Ways to Use It challenge in which we were to use either a color wheel or a color combo website to push us away from our usual color combos. I used this site. I also used yesterday's Sketch challenge for my layout. Here is my card. Want the recipe? Everything is Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted:
Stamps: Changito B-day by Stampendous, On Your Birthday
Paper: Always Artichoke, Not Quite Navy, So Saffron, Confetti White, Not quite navy DSP
Ink: Always Artichoke, Not Quite Navy, So Saffron, Black Stazon
Accessories: Spiral clip(unknown), Aqua painter, dimensionals
My image was stamped in black stazon and then colored in using an aqua painter and the lids of my stamp pads. I love this technique for watercoloring and it really works well with SU!'s confetti white cardstock.
I have an aircompressor right outside my craft room and it keeps turning on and off and I jump outta my seat every time it turns on! Wow! It's really loud! But, my bathrooms are looking gorgeous!
I am gonna get back to my card making. Thanks a bunch for stoppin' by!

No comments: