Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Color Challenge and Some Thank Yous



Good morning!


Well, I was up till 3:00 am painting one of my bathrooms. Still needs another coat on part, but it is looking so nice! I did some stamping yesterday, but didn't have a chance to post. First I worked on the Color challenge for the day over at SplitCoastStampers. This was such a pretty color combo: Bravo Burgundy, Reagal Rose and Kiwi Kiss.

I made this for my oldest daughter's birthday coming up. Here is the recipe (all products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):



Stamps: Crazy For Cupcakes


Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Regal Rose, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Basic Grey - Sultry dp


Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Regal Rose, Kiwi Kiss, Black Stazon


Accessories: blender pens, cuttlebug, swiss dots folder, white 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, spiral punch, scallop circle punch, 1 1/4 '" circle punch, Crystal Effects, Maya Roads chipboard flower, dimensionals



I stamped the image in black Stazon and then colored in using a blender pen and the lids to my ink pads. The cherries have a dot of crystal effects on them to make them shiny and give them dimension. The left edge is punches with the spiral punch. I cuttlebugged the Regal rose panel with the swiss dots embossing folder. I stamped the sentiment twice in bravo burgundy so that they were in a circle and then punched out with the scallop circle punch. The little chipboard flower is covered with dp and then has a coat of crystal effects. The sentiment is on dimensionals. I really like how this turned out and I hope she does too.


I also made some quick thank you cards for my customers who put in an order at my last stamp class. I try to always give them a handmade thank you with their order to let them know how much I apprecieate their business.

I had some of the Ski Slope DSP left over so I decided to use the tangerine tango side for my thank yous. I went to the IN Color combo chart on the SU! website to choose this combo. Here is the recipe (All products are SU!):

Stamps: Sweet Stems, A Little Bit of Everything (incentive set)

Paper: Pacific Point Textured, Summer Sun, Whisper White, Ski Slope dsp

Ink: Basic Black, Pacific Point, Tango Tangerine

Accessories: Blender pens, 5/8: Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, eyelets, crop-a-dile, circle punches, dimensionals, linen thread

The image is stamped in basic black and colored using blender pens and ink pad lids. Sentiment is stamped in tango tangerine, punched and layered using circle punches and has an eyelet set with the crop-a-dile. These cards are 3 x 6. These were vere quick to make.

Well, that is all that I have for now. Stop back again soon!

2 comments:

Julie Baris said...

Love the cupcake card! Beautiful! Keep up the updating on your blog. It looks great!

Anonymous said...

What a terrific birthday card! Love the color combination and all the details especially the chipboard flower with the crystal effects!

I LOL at your note below your picture about your kids calling your space a "crap room". TFS!!!