Friday, January 16, 2009

Non-Cheesy Valentine


Good morning all!

I can't believe I got some stampin' done and it's only 10:15 am. The card I am posting this morning is one that I made for today's Limited Supply challenge over at SCS. We were to make a valentine that could easily be replicated to make 30 cards so that they could be handed out for a grade school class. Now, having 4 kids myself, I happen to know this ritual all too well. And even though my children are all grown up now, I remember sitting with each child and trying to go through class lists and getting all the "to's" and "from's" filled out. It would have been so much easier to do it myself. I would have to start 2 weeks before Valentine's day to make sure they all got done. And it always started off with each child choosing which box of valentines to get! I gotta be honest and say that even now, I would probably go for the SpongBob or spiderman boxes before making our own. So, here is mine. It only took me about 20 mins to come up with and complete. As specified in the challenge, use punches instead of hand cutting and limit the layers, which I did. I used my marvey punches for the image and scallop circle. I used my brand spankin' new Big Shot to die cut the envelope, and i cuttlebugged the white layer with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. When I first went to take the picture it didn't look quite finished so I added some stampin' glitter to the little hearts with my 2-way glue pen, though it doesn't show up well in the picture. My girls always tried to find valentines that were glittery! I used the Owl Together Now stamp set by Stampin' Up! It's such a cute set and the sentiment reminds me of a typical valentines' saying. The image piece will actually tuck down into the envelope more and the back of the image is a perfect spot for the "To and From". the owl and hearts were colored in using SU! makers.
Here is the complete recipe:(All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Owl Togehter Now
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Kraft
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red
Accessories: markers, offray ribbon, marvey punches, cuttlebug and embossing folder, Big Shot and Scallop envelope die, dimensionals, glitter, 2-way glue pen
Thanks a bunch for stoppin' by! See you soon!

No comments: