Monday, April 23, 2012

Cupcake Throne Class

Howdy All!





I've got a fun project for you today! A couple of weeks ago I held a class at my house and we made these cute cupcake holders with matching cards. One of my girlfriends asked me to do this class as she saw them on Pinterest and didn't know how to make them. I did find one tutorial online but I didn't like it because you needed to use an 8&1/2" x 11" and a 12" x 12' pieces of cardstock. So I came up with my own template using just 1 sheet of 8&1/2' x 11" cardstock.









So, Here is a copy of my template and also some photos of the process to assemble the box.
Using my Simply Scored tool made prepping for my class quick and easy!





































I hope these pics are useful for anyone who may want to try making one of these cute cupcake thrones for a friend or loved one! If you have any questions, feel free to leave me a comment.







Thanks a bunch for stoppin' by! I hope to see you again real soon!

Hugs!

3 comments:

Virginia Hudon said...

Love your Cupcake Throne holder & card. Did you use the 2 1/2 inch punch, or did you use a circle cutter? I tried the SU punch, but it doesn't fit. Tk you! Virginia Hudon

MarvA1ix said...

These cupcake boxes are so cute. I think they would be great for co-workers birthdays. Each one is cuter than the next.

Sandra Jayne Wingate said...

Hi Virginia! Yes, I did use a circle cutter for the 2-1/2" circle. Unfortunately SU! doesn't carry one anymore! There are several options which include the Circle Scissor Plus, coluzzle, and Nestabilities. Let me know how you make out!