Sunday, April 22, 2012

Summer Smooches Ribbon Memo Board

Howdy All!



Man, I've got lots of things going on right now! You should see my craft room. Yikes!! So, I preordered the new Summer Smooches designer fabric and I LOVE it!
I wanted to make something with it right away, but I am not the best sewer, so I went for a no-sew project. I thought it would look cute as a memo board. I absolutely love how it turned out and it was pretty easy to make.
 
 I just took a 16" x 20" canvas and stapled a layer of batting and then the fabric. I placed the ribbon where I wanted it and then used my paper piercer to poke a hole through the ribbon, fabric, batting and canvas. I punched 1&3/8" and a 1/2" circles and layered them with the brads and secured them to the canvas.  


I also stapled the ribbon to the back of my canvas to keep it all secure. This is what it looks like from the back. I still need to add some kind of hangers, but otherwise it is done and it is gorgeous! 
I am getting ready to take a trip to PA to visit my grandson and celebrate his 1st birthday. I can't wait to hold him and kiss him!

Thanks a bunch for stoppin' by! See you again soon!

Hugs!




No comments: