Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's a New Year!

It's a new day, a new week, a new month and a new year!! I know I have been missing for a couple of months, but I had things piling up on my plate that just had to be taken care of! I have missed posting to my Blog and hope to get back into the swing of things and posting as often as I can! I spent most of November and December preparing for Christmas. I love to make handmade gifts for the people in my life that I love the most!
Here are two hat and scarf sets that I crocheted for my 2 teenage nephews. I did them in their school colors so they can show their school spirit! The hat in the top photo was basically from a pattern I found in an old Bernat Learn To Crochet booklet that was published in 1970! I altered it slightly to make it striped and then I just whipped up the scarf to match.
The hat in the bottom photo came from a Leisure Arts booklet called Chase the Chill from 1998. Again, I altered slightly and then created the scarf to match! I sure hope these will keep the boys warm back in Rochester, NY! Stop back tomorrow to see more handmade goodies!
Thanks a bunch for stoppin' by!

1 comment:

Paula Brown said...

The boys love them! Glad you're back to bloggin! :)