Monday, September 28, 2009

Try a New Technique Monday - Foil Embossing

Good morning all,
I started off my day checking out the Try a New Technique challenge (TLC240) over at SCS. You can learn how to make beautiful foil embossed backgrounds so check it out. I have done this before using heavy duty aluminum foil without the cardstock.
Don't you just love how shiny the background on my card is? I am super pleased with my result. The adorable Santa image is from CTMH. It's hard to see in the pic, but his beard and all his trim has sparkly fluff which gives it the neatest texture! I went over the swirls and stars with a clear star gelly roll Sakura glitter pen. The sentiment is on dimensionals. Here is the recipe (all products are SU! unless otherwise noted):

Paper
  • Always artichoke
  • real red textured
  • whisper white

Ink

  • basic black

Stamps

  • Wonderful Holiday (CTMH)
  • Short & Sweet

Accessories

  • aluminum foil
  • big shot
  • Petals-a-plenty textured embossing folder
  • circle punches
  • ribbon
  • sparkly fluff (our craft lounge)
  • clear star gelly roll (Sakura)
  • dimensionals

I may make a few more like this to use for some of my Christmas cards this year. Thanks for stoppin' by today!

No comments: