Monday, April 20, 2009

Flower Pot Pocket Card from my April Showers Card Class

I held my April card class on Wednesday, which was appropiately titled "April Showers Bring May Flowers" and this class was centered around all things flowers! I love flowers and this was such a fun class for me to prepare. The first card we did was a flower pot pocket card. I discovered this on my fav site, SCS, Monday's try a new technique post. Check it out here. There is a link to a fabulous tutorial also. This card was a huge hit and pretty easy to do. Give it a try! Here is the recipe:
Stamps: Blooming With Love
Paper: Really Rust, Whisper White, Summer Sun, Pink Passion, Lovely Lilac, almost Amethyst, Garden Green
Ink: Lovely Lilac
Accessories: Big Shot, Cherry Blossom embosslit die, 5 petal flower punch(for the leaves), silver brads, silver eyelet, Crop-a-dile, 1 1/4 " and 1 3/8" circle punch, Apricot Appeal 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch, linen thread, dimensionals
I did alter my dimensions slightly to maximize my really rust cardstock. For the flower pot I started with a 3 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece scored at 3 1/2" and 7". This way I could get 3 cards from 1 piece of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock.
I hope you give this a try. I will be back with more projects from my April class.
Thanks so much for stoppin' by!
Have a wonderful day!

No comments: