Friday, December 26, 2008

Still Finishing Up Christmas

Well, here I am, the day AFTER Christmas and I am still making gifts. We don't celebrate with my family until the Sunday after Christmas, so I have a few more days to prepare. I worked on some gift card holders today. I gave alot of these this year as I find it harder to pick out the perfect gift especially for my nieces and nephews. The 2 holders in the top photo are for my nephews who are 10 and 13. Target is one of their favorite stores so that is where the gift cards are for. I didn't follow anyone's instructions for these, I just figured out what size I needed and went from there. I am a very visual person, so I don't do well with instructions. I think it has alot to do with the fact that I am left handed and I have always had to figure out how do do things so they work for me. My holders are held closed with a bellyband and then decorated with a Santa made with Stampin' Up! punches. Actually all the products for them are from SU!. The second gift card holder I made is for an iTunes giftcard for my daughter's boyfriend. She got him an iPod shuffle for Christmas. This is an A2 size card with the bottom on the right side folded up and held together with some brads. It is made from 3/4 of an 8 1/2 x 11" piece of cardstock. The image is a stamp by Stampendous called Pookie Skates. Isn't he just adorable? I wanted to do the Limited Supply challenge over at SplitcoastStampers today, but I'm not sure I am going to be able to fit it in. I also have to start working on some card samples for 2 classes I will be having in January. I feel like I am perpetually behind and just can't get caught up! Yikes! Well, thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at what I have been up to. Take care!

No comments: