Friday, August 8, 2008

Funny Kid Story and some Little Cards

Good afternoon All,

I thought I would start my post off today with a funny story that some of you may be able to identify with. As I have stated, I have 4 wonderful children. They keep me grounded and I am grateful for each one of them. But, as we all know, kids can also drive you a little bonkers sometimes. Now, my children have caught me off guard more than one time over the past 25 years that I have spent, so far, raising them. So, this is the phone call I get from my youngest son, Alex. He's 19, which is very important to the 'huh?' factor of this story. So, I get this phone call from Alex, who happens to be in NYC visiting his oldest sister, Amber. I am so happy that they get along and like to visit each other-it's a 7 hour train ride each way. So, Alex decides that he needs to purchase a pair of dress pants to go to a show. Sounds easy enough, even for a 19 year old, right? So, I get this phone call, and it goes something like this:

Alex: Hi, Mom.

Me: Hi, Alex. Are you having fun?

Alex: yeah. What size pants do I wear?

(There is no beating around the bush for this kid)

Me: Aren't you wearing any right now?

Alex: Yeah...

Me: Well, it will be much easier for you to look at the tag than it would be for me, don'tcha think?

Alex: I figured you would just know...

Me: I do. You wear 31 in waist and 32-34 in length. I think you should try some on first?

Alex: Naw, that's all I needed. Talk to you later.

End of conversation!

All I can say to that is that he knew what he was doing by calling me!

So, that is my funny story-at least I think it is funny...


OK-This morning I participated in the SCS Limited Supply Challenge. We were to create Little note cards that could be placed in a lunch box or briefcase. These cards are called ATC or Artist Trading Cards and are 2 1/2 inches X 3 1/2 inches. There was a bonus to use Those $1 clear stamps that we all like to collect, but never use. So, here is what I came up with. You can view all the deets at my SCS gallery. I only used the $1 stamps for the card on the left! This was a super way to use up scraps left over from my workshops and I will definitely be making more.
Thanks so much for checking me out today. I hope to talk to you again soon!

No comments: