Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Color Challenge at SCS-Butterfly Sparkles


Good morning Sunshines!
I wanted to share this fun card I made using the colors chosen for this weeks Color Challenge over at SCS. I just love to get inspiration from that wonderful site. I actually had it finished yesterday, but I got all involved watching swimming and gymnastics on the Olympics last night. so, here I am this morning. I stamped the butterfly in Elegant Eggplant twice. On the second one I stamped over in versamark and then heat embossed with iridescent ice and cut out the wings and adhered with glue dots. I curled the ends of the wings to give the image a little more dimension. The sparkly ribbon I used is very wiry, but fun! The picture doesn't quit show the sparkles as well. I didn't add a sentiment yet-not sure where this will be going. Here are the deets (all products are by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):

Stamps: Garden Whimsy
Paper: elegant eggplant, taken with teal, old olive, whisper white, dp is called Candy Blossoms by atd/Momenta
Ink: elegant eggplant
Accessories: Cuttlebug and Swiss dots embossing folder, iridescent ice, heat tool, non-SU sparkly/wiry ribbon, scallop edge punch, versamark, Roseart gel pen
Techniques: heat embossing
I really love these colors together and that 4 x 6 decorative paper pad has got the greatest papers. I got it at Michaels a couple of weeks ago. Not that I needed any MORE paper, I just couldn't resist it! (I know, I have a problem!)
Thanks a bunch for stoppin' by!
See you again soon...