Thursday, February 19, 2009

WT206 Striped Shirt For Dad


Mornin'! Here I am again, with another card! Today's challenge over at SCS is the Ways to Use It challenge and we were to use stripes in our projects. Now, I must be honest and tell you that this really wasn't a challenge for me cuz I love stripes! If you were to go thru my decorative papers right now you would find a ton of striped papers. For some reason I am drawn to them and the more colors there are the better! So, I needed to work on some card designs for an upcoming workshop that a friend of mine is hosting. She wants me to demo some different techniques and she specifically requested an origami shirt card that could be used for Father's Day. I love the DSP that is part of the sale-a-bration promotion so I grabbed this striped piece as my starting point. It makes a great shirt, don'tcha think? I also had to use my new Stampin' Up! Texturz plates. It's kinda hard to see in the photo, but I used the diamond one on the certainly celery panel. I also chose the Wonderful Favorites stamp set cuz there are so many people options besides just father, like uncle, brother, husband, and son. Here is the complete recipe and this is a Stampin' Up! only card!
Stamps: Wonderful Favorites
Paper: sahara sand, bashful blue, certainly celery, whipser white, Delicate Dots DSP
Ink: sahara sand, cetainly celery
Accessories: silver brads, Big Shot and Texturz plate, crimper
I'd love to hear whatcha think! Thanks a bunch for stoppin' by today!

1 comment:

Gramrussell said...

The shirt is great. Can you do a tutorial on the oragami shirt?