Thursday, January 19, 2012

Nifty Hats I have been working on

So, for those of you who know me well, know that I have to have several projects going at one time. I have been busy with all kinds of card making and I will eventually get to posting some pics, but I also have been busy crocheting. Just before Christmas I had a couple of my girlfriends ask me if I could crochet some animal hats for their daughters and without hesitation I said, "Sure!" Now, I am a visual learner, so I am not very good at following patterns (though I have been successful on a few occasions), but I can look at something and usually figure it out on my own. So, here are the hats that I created in the colors and characters my girlfriends requested.
 
I actually went on Etsy and did some searches and then took bits and pieces of hats that I liked and came up with my own designs. I didn't write any directions out as I went along, not sure I would be any good at it. At some point I think I might have to figure out how to write a pattern so that I can share with others.

Currently I am working on a baby afghan for a girlfriend's first grandchild who will be arriving in a few weeks. I've got a good start on it and should hopefully be done in a few days. I also have a handful of scarves that I have been working on for the Scarves For Special Olympics project. I've gotta finish those up and get them sent out soon!

Along with all of my crocheting I am preparing for my first Scrapbook Club class which is starting on Jan. 26th. It should be lots of fun! And, again I will make sure to get some photos up soon.
Well, that's about it for now! Thanks a bunch for stoppin' by to say hi!
Be sure to stop back soon!

p.s. All my hats were created using Red Heart Super Saver yarn!

No comments: