Thursday, April 22, 2010

WT267 Mixing Patterns

Happy Earth Day All! I have a quick post tonight as it is getting a bit late. I've been thinking about this card for my youngest son's 21st birthday for a few days and I have known for a few years that I would be making a card like this for him. He has been talking about turning 21 and going to Vegas for a while and is planning a trip when he is done with classes for the semester. Lucky for him and us that my husband and I moved to Las Vegas a few months ago and now he can visit us too!! Woot! Woot! When Stampin' up came out with the game night set and the Jackpot designer paper I knew they would be perfect for this project! Today's Ways to Use It challenge over at Splitcoaststampers was to mix different patterned papers-perfect for what I wanted to do! There are quite a few layers to this card and the Royal Flush is from a deck of mini cards that I purchased at the $ store about 2 years ago! They are the perfect size for this 5" x 7" card! Even though this is for my son I had to add a little Bling-cuz that's what Vegas is all about, Baby! Here is the quick recipe:

Paper: real red, basic black, whisper white, so saffron, Jackpot dp

Stamps: Game Night, On Your Birthday

Ink: basic black, so saffron, real red

Accessories: mini cards, ribbon, rhinestone brads(SU!), stickles, card suits edge punch(EKSuccess), punches(SU!)

The row if poker chips are punched from the Jackpot dp with a 1/2 circle punch. Well, that's it for now! Time for me to get to bed! Thanks for stoppin' by today! See you soon!

No comments: