Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Color Challenge and a Sketch Challenge

Hi All,
I've got two cards to show you today. The first one was made for this week's color challenge over at Splitcoaststampers - CC268. We were to use Old Olive, Barely Banana and Ballet Blue. There also was a Dessert option color, which was red, but only as an embellishment! This is what I came up with. It's a very simple card, but I love how it turned out! Here is the supply list:

STAMPS: Garden from the Heart (SU!)

PAPER: K&Company designer paper, Whisper White, Old Olive, Ballet blue, Barely banana (SU!)

INKS & MARKERS: Chocolate chip, ballet blue, barely banana, old olive, creamy caramel for sponging (SU!)

THE REST: spellbinders' nestibilities, Cuttlebug and embossing folder, red half-pearls, red grosgrain ribbon


The second card was made for today's
Sketch challenge at SCS - SC278. I absolutely love this sketch and how my card turned out!! Yippee for me! I used the 2-Step Stampin' preview set from SU!'s upcoming catalog called Awash with Flowers! What a pretty and fun set to work with! Here is the supply list:

STAMPS: Awash with Flowers, Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU!)

PAPER: K&Company designer paper, whisper white (SU!), others (unknown - from my stash)

INKS: Chocolate chip, pretty in pink, regal rose, certainly celery, barely banana (SU!)

THE REST: Button, dimensionals (SU!), pink gemstones, pink organza ribbon, hemp(unknown - from my stash)

As I unpacked boxes and boxes of paper crafting supplies when I set up my new stampin' space, I realized that I had a ton of stuff that I bought years ago before I was introduced to Stampin' Up!, Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket, My Mind's Eye etc...(Some of my faves). I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it so I am trying to commit to using it! So, in my supply lists I may not always know who the manufacturer is because I used to just open things up and throw out the wrappers and such! This was way before I ever would have thought about bloggin' or that anyone might want to know!
Well, anyway...that's what I have for today! Thanks a bunch for stoppin' by and having a look-see at what I have been up to! See you again soon!





No comments: