Monday, October 3, 2011

Halloween Wreath

Howdy All!
I am so glad to be posting today! I have a really neat project to show you that I worked on over the weekend.
I'm not sure what they are called - Lollies/Rosettes/Paper YoYos - but they are made using the new Stampin' Up! Simply Scored tool! My inspiration for this wreath came from page 6 in the new SU! holiday mini. All of the products used are from SU! or finds from the dollar store. I had planned on letting more of the wrapped grapevine show but I just kept adding more and more lollies!! The best part about this project is that I spent less than $10 at the dollar store and I have enough stuff to make 2 or 3 more! All of the 'Lollies' are made from strips of dsp or cardstock measuring 3/4", 1", 1 1/4", 1 1/2" and 2" wide.

Here is what I used:

SU! Products:
STAMPS: Spooky Bingo Bits

PAPER: Frightful Sight dsp, First Edition dsp, Old Olive, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Cajun Craze

INK: Basic Black

ACCESSORIES: Simply Scored, Circle punches, various buttons, brads and hardware(some retired), hemp and baker's twine

From the Dollar Store:

Plastic Skeletons ( 4 pak), sparkly spiders(3 pak), bag of spider webbing, roll of ivory tulle, black creepy cloth (you get lots in 1 pak), grapevine wreath(they come in 3 sizes - I used a 13", straw basket filler, and black pipe cleaners

I started out by covering the grapevine wreath with some Creepy Cloth using my hot glue gun. Then I went to town making my 'lollies' and I laid them all out before hot glue gunning them onto my wreath. Last I hot glue gunned all the extra stuff on. It came out a little lop-sided, but I am still pleased with it!

Well, that's all I have for now! Thanks a bunch for stoppin' by! Stop back again soon to see what else I have been up to!


















No comments: